Welcome to Vista Unified School District!
Please complete the following steps to register your student if they are NEW to a school in Vista Unified. You can only register your child at their school of residence. For information on transfers please contact our district office.
STEP 1: Complete the Aeries AIR- Online Student Registration application to pre-register your student at their school of residence by clicking HERE.
- After you finish and submit your application, you will receive an Enrollment Confirmation, Please print this document.
- Access to a computer and printer is also provided by the school.
STEP 2: Contact your student's school office and confirm your student's pre-registration.
- Bring the signed Enrollment Confirmation document, immunization records, birth verification and proof of residency to the school
- You will receive your Parent Portal account by email, which will allow you to complete the registration process on-line.
STEP 3: Complete the registration process by logging into Parent Portal to review and accept the registration documents by clicking HERE.
- Please print the data confirmation page upon completion and return this to the school.
In order to complete your registration, you must provide the following documents:
- Original birth certificate or passport
- Current shot record
- Physical Exam (K & 1st grade only)
- Dental Exam (K & 1st grade only)
- Proof of address *please refer to the Proof of Address list below:
Acceptable documents for residency verification include:
- property tax payment receipts
- rental property contract
- lease or payment receipts
- utility service contract
- statement or payment receipts
- pay stubs
- voter registration
- correspondence from a government agency
- declaration of residency
Please complete the following steps if your student will be continuing their education in VUSD. You will use your Parent Portal account to complete this process. This process will allow parents to verify student data, update contact information, acknowledge/review critical district information and policies. ALL students must go through the registration process each school year.
Complete the Pre-registration process by logging onto Parent Portal
An active parent email is MANDATORY to create your Parent Portal account. Click here for instructions on how to create an account.
Data confirmation window opens July 27, 2023 for school year 2023-2024.
First day of school is August 16th, 2023